Happy Monday! Anybody have a case of the Mondays? Yes? No? If you do, just remember that since today is Monday, that means tomorrow is Tuesday, which means it’s Taco Tuesday! Hurray for tacos!
Did everyone have a good fathers day, if you celebrated? In the morning my family had a brunch in which I made cornmeal pancakes (courtesy of thepioneerwoman.com) with a homemade blueberry sauce. Mmm… I highly recommend these if you have never had them before. WITH the sauce! Must use sauce! The recipe actually uses blackberries but we didn’t have any so blueberries were the second choice. The afternoon was followed by a barbeque at the boyfriends sisters house. It was fun and yummy. Grilled pizza anyone? Yum!
Besides that, Saturday was spent at the beach with my family. After my dad saw our camping pictures, he decided it was time for him to surf again. Did you know my dad surfed? I’ve mentioned it before. It’s actually how he and my mom met. Some idiot surfed over my dad and the fin broke his shoulder/tore his rotator cuff. My mom worked at the medical center where he had all of his follow-up visits. He pursued, she finally said yes, and the rest is history.
Moving on. My dad surfed. The boyfriend surfed. Niece and nephew played in sand. Sister took stealth picture of boyfriend and I. Yay!
Daddio surfing again! Edited with iColorama on iPad.
Look at him go…
These next three pictures are action shots. I mean, look at that action!
Boyfriend, are you yelling at me?
Oh, what the? Is that why you were yelling at me?
What a goob.
The nephew thought his sisters hat was a great bucket.
I bring presents. In my sisters hat!
I love this. Thanks sister for taking this without us knowing!
That was Saturday. It was a good Saturday.
And this was Friday.
Friday was a beautiful day. It screamed for aviators.
It was a frustrating day. But I won’t go into details. Except that I know I’m immune to Hep B. because I had my series done. and my lab results prove it. So take that school! Boom!
Also, just wanted everyone to know a few tidbits of late…
1) I watched Jim Gaffigan’s latest comedy special on Netflix. It’s called “Mr. Universe” and if you have never seen Jim Gaffigan, do yourself a favor and watch this. Or “Beyond The Pale.”
2) I’ve been listening to country a lot more lately. A few recent favorites are “Wanted” by Hunter Hayes, “Glass” by Thompson Square, “Blackbird” by Sarah Darling, and “Drunk On You” by Luke Bryan. The boyfriend particularly likes that last one. He calls it the “boom-boom” song. You have to know the lyrics to understand why…
3) I really dislike my contact lenses. My right one tore a tiny bit while camping and it’s been a real pain after a few hours of wearing them. And since my prescription expired last month, I have to get a new one before I can get some contacts again. Boo. And I hate wearing glasses.
4) Milo hid kibble in my bed last week. The boyfriend found it. Poor boyfriend.
5) I made vegan chocolate cupcakes yesterday for the barbeque. They were a hit. Oh yeah. Thanks Joy Wilson aka joythebaker.com for your wonderful cookbook/blog/recipes.
Well, I believe that is all for now.
Hope everyone has a good week!